Tuesday, June 8, 2010

No Sex and Abu Dhabi 2

(From L-R) Actresses Sarah Jessica Parker, Kristin Davis, Kim Catrall and Cynthia Nixon pose for photographers at the premiere of their new film Sex in the City 2 in Leicester Square, London May 27, 2010. REUTERS/Kieran Doherty (BRITAIN - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT)

The real title of the new 'Sex and the City 2" movie should have been called:
"No Sex and Abu Dhabi 2."

I am heart broken that they ruined my show so tragically. The first movie was "ehhh" and Carrie was crying about 95% of the movie but atleast I got to see my girls an the main character of it all... NEW YORK CITY!

I have been an avid SATC fan since I could remember. Yes...I LOVED getting together with the ladies every Sunday night on HBO. I would dance around to the catchy iconic opening music "da doo da doo da na na na na" like an idiot and flinching when Carrie got splashed by the bus in her cute poofy dress.

I watched Samantha hump man after man week after week...Charlotte say idiotic comments that would come out of Elisabeth Hasselback's mouth on Hot Topics of 'The View'... Miranda be the red headed & pasty spitfire with intelligence always putting one of them in their place.. and scream at Carrie weekly that she should be with Aiden not Big.

Just when this sequel teased me airing commercials that Aiden would be in the movie... I was horrified to see he was only in the movie about FIVE minutes total out of 2 and a half hours. How dare they trick me so?!

There was about 2 sex scenes total on Samantha's behalf... totally unlike the whore I so fondly know through the years. It just wasn't right. The movie felt unauthentic. It felt like cheesy lines were thrown in that weren't funny. It actually made me feel uncomfortable. Oh and don't even get me started on Liza Minelli singing Beyonce- it should be a crime.

All in all I could break it down bit by bit of why I disliked this sequel but it would go on forever.

The only good things was....I got to see some dear friends again.




No comments: