Thursday, August 13, 2009

Carrie and Aidan... a BIG Reunion is Due

The Philanthropist Broadway Opening Night


Carrie Bradshaw- you have smoked one too many cigarettes my darling. That smoke must have fogged up your brain.

I just wish I could go back in time and go through my TV and shake her …(and steal her Manolo Blahniks and run)…no but shake her until she tells me why on earth would she chose Big over Aidan. Why?

I loved Aidan. He had that weird and awkward mullet and I wasn’t too sure about him at first …but then he cleaned up and I slowly but surely accepted my flannel wearing wood maker. He was like a younger Gepetto and Carrie his Pinocchio (yikes that wasn’t an intended dig… but I guess it fits). Aidan brought her to life for a little while. You can tell he genuinely loved her yet she Carrie still kept seeing (gag) Big.

I would shudder when I would see that creepy black limo appear at the most random times. The window would roll down like a bad 80’s Grey Poupon mustard commercial. He didn’t even have the decency to get out of the car? How BIG of you.

Since the new SATC movie got the green light- my recommendation for the next SATC sequal movie is that Big cheats on Carrie with Samantha. It creates heartbreak and drama and Carrie then can reconnect with Aidan. I mean, she cried 80% of the first movie so why not the second?

Samantha would feel so horrible she would go back to her place in California and meet up and start a relationship with that crazy HOT dude from “Dancing with The Stars” and my requirement would be he would be shirtless throughout the whole movie. Make him a lifeguard or something.

Miranda and Charlotte would stay by Carrie’s side. Miranda would still be with dorky Steve. He reminds me of a combination between Paul from The Wonder Years and the dorky kid with the glasses in the Sandlot but all grown up. Even though he had cheated on Miranda…. I still loved that dopey little man. Charlotte would still be married to the lawyer living happily with her kids and her dog- Elizabeth Taylor. The girls would cut their ties with Samantha and at the end of the movie (of course) reunite and another wedding would take place. Except Aidan would actually show up to the altar.

As a wedding gift Aiden could build Carrie that walk in closet resembling the one Big bought her in the first movie. I will admit, that closet is every woman’s fantasy. I gasped when I saw it (along with the rest of the women and five gay men in the movie theater) and discretely wiped a tear from my eye. It was the second most beautiful thing I have ever seen… Brad Pitt’s face in "Legends of the Fall" being the first.


No comments: