Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I want to HANG out with that Dude from The HANGover

The Hangover - Barcelona Premiere

I went to see “The Hangover” and was pleasantly surprised. I went in knowing it wouldn’t compare with “Old School” or any of the other raunchy funny “man” comedies. I thought Vegas, younger guys, Mike Tyson singing and rated R… this has to be either really cheesy or really funny.

Besides wiping the drool away from my lips every time Bradley Cooper was on screen with his slicked back long hair and those sexy aviators I was mesmerized by this short, chubby little man named Zak Galifianakis. I don’t remember him in any other shows or movies but all I knew was he is the breakout star of the year. He’ll probably get a stupid MTV Award next year… only if "New Moon" doesn’t send the tweens into finger dialing seizures.

I am just so relieved that there is a “new” funny guy in the mix. Don’t get me wrong but I still love Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn and the rest of the “frat pack” but it’s refreshing to see someone new. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Galifianakis will host an episode of SNL. That will definitely be “TIVO” worthy.

Please -a side note to Judd Apatow- it would be in your best interest to pair him with Seth Rogen in your next film. Well, just in case Jonah Hill is unavailable and you need the "funny chubby dude" since Rogen recently became buliamic. I see even more box office money in your future.

I don’t know what it is about Galifianakis, maybe all of that hair, that I just want to pet him or shave him. If his character was with me in real life I would make him carry my things in his man bag as we pick up some beer for our BBQ.... inviting people to belong to our special “wolf pack.”

No comments: