Monday, August 3, 2009

Marky Mark Matrimony

Mark Wahlberg and his longterm love Rhea Durham get married in Beverly Hills

My first love was Donny Wahlberg of New Kids on the Block. He was amazing to me in every sense of the word. I had him on my lunchbox, my sleeping bag, t-shirts, scrunchies and posters plastered to my walls. Now that’s what I call dedication.

My sister and I would beg my Mom to take us to concerts whenever the group appeared locally and at one of his shows I remember my mom whispering, “see that guy over there… that’s Donny’s brother.” A light appeared upon his beautiful body… my sister swears it was a spotlight from the stage bouncing off the walls… but I think it was more than that. Harps sang and the bright light blinded me. It seemed like angels sang from above in a godly high pitched harmony… or it was just Joey Mcintyre hitting high notes and letting puberty get the best of him.

BUT there HE was THE Marky Mark minus the funky bunch. Donny had some competition now….and it was all over when Mark appeared in his Calvins. He moved up the celebrity ladder hitting the big screen and now behind the scenes in big hits like Entourage. He has been with his long term girlfriend for quite some time and having kids left and right, I guess it was just a matter of time before the dreaded "M" word.

It is a sad day for women all across the country. Our underwear sporting beefcake has gotten his panties in a bunch and did the “bad boy” unthinkable. He got married! And yet another hot celebrity hunk is off the market. It’s ok Mark….Congratulations…. I send hugs to you and your family. Oh and uhhh… give a hug to your motha fa me ok?

No comments: